(this event is SOLD OUT, but open to 1 or 2 who would like to drop in)
Starting a business in Reno can be challenging even in the best economic climate. To succeed, an entrepreneur needs more than a Reno Business License or filed Articles from the State. They need courage, knowledge, foresight, good advice, plenty of determination, and a little bit of luck.
Many start-ups as well as seasoned business owners struggle unnecessarily and fail to reach their potential because they try to build a strong business on a weak foundation. Businesses fail for many obvious reasons. They ignore their customers, they disregard market conditions, they miscalculate prices, they don’t have a plan, stick to a budget, or they lack managerial control. But there is another huge factor for business failure that has nothing to do with outside factors – they were internal. They weren’t economic – they were emotional.
Cheri Hill, Facilitator and Vision Igniter has created CatalystLIVE! 12 weeks for Exponential Business Growth is a Reno business class for entrepreneurs interested in knowing how to start a business in Reno as well as existing business owners in search of a scalable, repeatable, profitable business model.
The road to business success is well-traveled and well-understood and can be defined in all sorts of ways – including business size, market share, profitability, efficiency, and the ability to innovate – but there are certain qualities that every successful business shares.
Businesses succeed because they
• Have a clearly understood and communicated Vision
• Base their goals on realistic expectations
• Understand their strengths and weaknesses relative to those of their competitors
• Target the right group of customers
• Specialize in solving customer problems, and experiment with new approaches
• Are organized for maximum flexibility
• Create customer loyalty and repeat business by offering a unique value
• Foster a culture of innovation
• Manage cash flow effectively
• Train and empower employees to be the best they can be
• Build integrated systems to assess, manage and measure productivity
• Keep a close eye on costs, pricing, and profit
• Leverage key relationships
• The owner provides leadership while developing their own managerial skills or knows
when to acquire those skills through someone else
• Figure out that success is mostly a matter of decision (Motion beats meditation!)
• Understand that the company itself is the ultimate creation
February 21st to May 9th
5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Fusion At Midtown 800 Haskell St. Reno, NV, 89509